Thursday, December 2, 2010

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS, 2010 ( DEC. )



Jacki Weaver (who I had picked to make it all along Alex ;) ) got some big acknowledgements this week with Indie Spirit nod and the NBR win. I always felt that she gives the only true Signature piece of acting all year. There's a lot of great acting this year but Jacki Weaver in ANIMAL KINGDOM is a Signature Role. Melissa Leo is looking more and more like the front-runner though in THE FIGHTER. With Helena Bohman Carter coming in second for her outstanding year in film (in THE KING'S SPEECH & ALICE in WONDERLAND). My love Dianne Wiest is still holding on tight in RABBIT HOLE. 
I have been hesitant to include Amy Adams in the Best Supporting Actress group because I know her and love her dearly as an actress and person. But I'm very happy to leave my personal bias aside and proudly proclaim...that she's in and she's in big - also for THE FIGHTER. She even could finally bring herself on stage Oscar night. It's one of those cases that I think everyone in the Academy has finally seen JUNEBUG and they regret not picking her over Rachel Weisz.  And in DOUBT how she delicately shadowed in-between Meryl Streep and Philip Seymore Hoffman so beautifully. Amy, time and time again, maneuvers herself into roles that she may not exactly be right for on the page but in the end - you can't imagine anyone else in them.  Way to Go Amy!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment